How to make Starbucks Pink Drink using Real Fruit & Juice
This Starbucks Pink Drink is made with 100% fruit juice and real fruit. It also contains no sugar. Starbucks’ Strawberry Acai Refresher is a combination of sweet and tart flavors, blended with creamy coconut milk. It is served with freeze-dried strawberry.
Starbucks’ Strawberry Acai Refresher is mixed with coconut cream to create the Pink Drink. It’s described by its description as having passionfruit, strawberry and acai flavors. The color is gorgeous. It tastes like pink Starburst candy. Starbucks’ drink contains very little fruit. The flavor is mostly derived from “natural flavors.”
Starbucks’ Strawberry Acai Refresher is mixed with coconut cream to create the Pink Drink. It’s described by its description as having passionfruit, strawberry and acai flavors. The color is gorgeous. It tastes a bit like pink Starburst candy. Starbucks’ drink contains very little fruit. The flavor is mostly derived from “natural flavors.”
Starbucks Pink Drink Copy
I prefer the taste of real fruit over fruit flavorings. I’ve made several Starbucks drinks, like Hibiscus Lemonade and Green Tea Lemonade . They taste better when I use real fruit. I made my own Pink Drink with real fruit flavor using fresh strawberries and passionfruit juice.
HOW MUCH SUGAR is in the pink drink at Starbucks?
This homemade Pink Drink only has around 11g sugar per serving. A 16oz grande Pink Drink from Starbucks contains 25g sugar. This homemade version has no sugar added, which is a significant reduction in sugar. I like the sweetness of the fruit juice, but you can add sugar or simple syrup to your drink.
Homemade Pink Drink Ingredients
I added fresh strawberries to my Strawberry Acai Base mix to give it a real strawberry taste. You can also reduce the sugar by discarding the strawberries. You can also add strawberry puree to this recipe for more sweetness and flavor. It has worked well in other drinks such as my Strawberry Lemonade or Blueberry Lemonade.
Passionfruit and White Grape Juice
Choose 100% fruit juices without sugar for the best taste and lowest sugar content. If you want a less processed option, look for juices that are not made from concentrate. If passionfruit juice is not available, try guava juice, pear juice, orange juice or mandarin juice.
Instead of using green coffee extract, like Starbucks does, I used brewed tea to give my drink a similar taste & caffeine boost. This is optional. You can also make your own caffeine-free Pink Drink by omitting the tea bags and using plain water.
This ingredient will give your homemade Starbucks drink an extra boost of color, antioxidants and acai flavor. I buy the acai pwder online ,but you can still make it without it. It will be just as tasty.
You can make the Pink Drink by mixing your Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher and coconut milk. You can use light coconut milk for a lighter drink, or full-fat coconut to achieve the creamiest and smoothest texture.
This summer drink is so much fun to drink! You can still enjoy this drink if you do not have freeze-dried strawberry.
Serve your Starbucks-inspired Pink Drink on ice for a refreshing, authentic version!
HOW MUCH CAFFEINE is in the pink drink at Starbucks?
Starbucks’ Grande (16oz) pink drink contains 45mg of caffeine, which comes from the green coffee extracted used in their Strawberry Acai refresher base. Your homemade drink could contain anywhere between 30-50mg of caffeine per tea bag, depending on the type of green tea that you use. You can make a Pink Drink at home without using tea, just like Starbucks.
How to make the Starbucks Pink Drink at home
Make the Strawberry acai Refresher base mix, and then add coconut milk to it before serving. That’s it!
- Boil Fruit & Juices. Bring strawberries, passionfruit, white grape, and water, to a rolling boil in a saucepan.
- Steep Green Tea Add green tea if desired once the mixture has boiled, and then reduce the heat so that it simmers. Remove the teabag after 2 minutes and throw away the strawberries after 5 min.
- Add Acai. While the mixture is still warm, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the acai.
- Add Coconut Milk & Chill. Place the Strawberry Acai Refresher in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, add coconut milk and whisk until it is creamy and integrated.
- Serve. Pour your Pink Drink Refresher on top of the strawberries and ice in 2 glasses. Enjoy!
More Starbucks Refresher recipes:
Make my Pineapple Passionfruit Drink Refresher or combine it with coconut to make the Paradise Drink Drink Refresher.
Starbucks Copy Pink drink
Yield: 2 Drinks
- Fresh strawberries hulled, 1 cup (160g).
- 1/3 cup passionfruit juice
- White grape juice, 1/3 cup
- Water – 2/3 cup
- Green tea bags (optional).
- 1/4 tsp of acai powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Chop 1/3 cup frozen strawberries (for serving).
- 1 cup of ice (for serving).
- Add water, passionfruit, white grape, and fresh strawberries to a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil.
- After boiling, add the green teabag. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. After 2 minutes, remove teabag and continue to simmer for a few more minutes until strawberries begin to soften. If you prefer, you can leave out the green tea.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Remove tea bag and strawberry bits with a slotted teaspoon, then throw them away.
- Pour the acai powder in the liquid and whisk until it dissolves.
- Add coconut milk to the mixture and stir well. Keep in the fridge until ready for serving.
- Pour the Pink Drink into two glasses and divide the frozen pineapple between them. Enjoy with straws!
Nutrition Information: serving: 1drink, calories: 127kcal, carbohydrates: 12.6g, protein: 0.1g, fat: 6.8g, sodium: 11mg, fiber: 0.1g, sugar: 10.5g